Latest News on Altnews.Asia
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan departs for Saudi Arabia on one-day visitby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
Islamabad [Pakistan], Dec 14 (ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Saturday departed for a one-day visit to Saudi Arabia with an aim to assuage the Kingdom's concerns regarding the upcoming Kuala Lumpur summit.
- US travel advisory for North East, urges citizens to 'exercise caution'by ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 14 (ANI): The United States has issued a travel advisory for its citizens to "exercise caution" while travelling to the states in North East India and the US government has temporarily suspended "official travel" to Assam, amid reports of protests against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act.
- 11th edition of Delhi Dialogue commences from todayby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 13 (ANI): The 11th edition of Delhi Dialogue commenced with Minister of State for External Affairs, V Muraleedharan, giving a welcome speech at the ministerial meeting hosted by External Affairs Ministry (EAM) on Friday evening.
- US President Trump confident Senate will not impeach him: White Houseby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
Washington [US], Dec 19 (ANI): US President Donald Trump is confident that the Senate will not vote to impeach him after the House of Representatives voted in favour of the impeachment motion, the White House said in a statement.
- Khalilzad visits Pakistan, updates officials on Taliban Talksby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
Islamabad [Pakistan], Dec 14 (Sputnik/ANI): US Special Envoy for Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad during his visit to Islamabad on Friday briefed Pakistani government officials on the latest developments in the Taliban peace talks, the US Embassy in Pakistan said in a statement.
- Maldives will not allow anyone to preach hate: former president Nasheed on Zakir Naikby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 14 (ANI): Maldives former President Mohamed Nasheed on Friday said that controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik attempt to enter the Maldives recently was prevented as the government of the island nation does not want anyone to "preach" hatred.
- Future of India, Maldives bright says former President Mohamed Nasheedby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 14 (ANI): Maldives Parliament Speaker Mohamed Nasheed has affirmed that the governments of India and Maldives are "on the same page" and the future of ties between the two countries is "bright".
- CAA is internal issue of India: Maldives Speaker Mohamed Nasheedby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 14 (ANI): Terming Citizenship (Amendment) Act an "internal issue" of India, Maldives Parliament Speaker Mohamed Nasheed on Friday exuded trust in Indian democracy and said that the Bill was democratically passed through both the houses of the Parliament.
- CAA protests: US, UK France, Canada issue 'travel advisory', ask citizens to 'exercise caution'by ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 14 (ANI): Amid protests in northeastern states of India against the amended Citizenship Act, many countries including US, UK, France and Canada have issued travel advisories for their citizens asking them to "exercise caution" while travelling to the region.
- Jaishankar meets Maldives' Parliament Speakerby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 14 (ANI): External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Friday met Speaker of People's Majlis of the Maldives Mohamed Nasheed.
- We're worried, want authorities to address issue appropriately: Mohamed Nasheed on Chinese fundsby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 14 (ANI): Speaker of Maldivian Parliament and former president Mohamed Nasheed said that a "large amount" of Chinese funds have gone into Maldives as projects, most of which have inflated prices and have led to the debt.
- 3 dead in overnight blast in Dhanushadham of Southern Nepalby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
Kathmandu [Nepal], Dec 14 (ANI): At least three people have died in an overnight explosion in Dhanushadham of Southern Nepal.
- PM Modi meets Portuguese counterpart Antonio Costa at Hyderabad Houseby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Nov 19 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday met his Portuguese counterpart Antonio Costa at Hyderabad House.
- Sharif may be considered for possible toxicology screen if platelet count does not respond: Pak media reportsby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
Islamabad [Pakistan], Dec 13 (ANI): In a development likely to raise eyebrows, Pakistani media on Friday reported that former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's toxicology screening for poisoning might be ordered 'if no cause or cure is found of his unstable platelets.'
- Maldives' FM meets PM Modi, conveys Male's commitment to further strengthen ties with Indiaby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 13 (ANI): Maldives' Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi here on Friday and conveyed the "commitment of the leadership of the Maldives to its 'India First' policy" and to further strengthening the bilateral relations.
- India, Maldives agree to strengthen cooperation to combat common threats arising from terrorismby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 13 (ANI): India and the Maldives on Friday agreed to hold the meeting of Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism, Countering Violent Extremism and De-radicalisation at an early date to strengthen cooperation required to combat the common threats arising from terrorism and radicalism.
- Contrary to his wish, Zakir Naik was not allowed to come to Maldives, says Maldivian Parliament's Speakerby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 13 (ANI): Controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik wanted to enter The Maldives but his request was turned down by the government of the island nation.
- People's Majlis Speaker Mohamed Nasheed calls on PM Modi, reaffirms 'unwavering support' to 'India First' policyby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 13 (ANI): Speaker of People's Majlis of the Maldives Mohamed Nasheed called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi here on Friday and reaffirmed his government's unwavering support to the 'India First' policy.
- Maritime security multi-faceted issue, co-operation of other countries is necessary: Maldives Foreign Secretaryby Joymala Bagchi (World) on September 25, 2021
New Delhi [India], Dec 13 (ANI): Maritime security is not the responsibility of one state and the cooperation of other countries is necessary, said Maldives Foreign Secretary Abdul Ghafoor Mohamed here on Friday.
- Verdict says Musharraf's body to be hanged at Islamabad's D-Chowk for 3 days if dies before executionby ANI (World) on September 25, 2021
Islamabad [Pakistan], Dec 19 (ANI): The Special Court, which pronounced death sentence to Pervez Musharraf on Tuesday, has written in its 167-page detailed verdict that the body of the former military dictator would be dragged to and hanged at D-Chowk in Islamabad if he died before the execution of his death sentence.
- Golf: USA grabs 6-2 lead over Europe after first day of Ryder Cup
- IMF's Georgieva accuses former World Bank President Kim's office of manipulation
- Singapore is second most expensive country for fine diningby Latest News on September 24, 2021
According to a new report, Singapore placed second in a ranking of the most expensive countries for dining at top-rated Michelin-starred restaurants. How much does an average Michelin meal cost here?
- Leaders of Australia, India, Japan, US highlight need for 'stable' Pacific
- To survive the pandemic, a secret Nintendo cafe is no longerby Latest News on September 24, 2021
Ex-Nintendo engineer Toru Hashimoto's tiny themed Tokyo cafe used to be super exclusive and hidden - but that's now a luxury of the past.
- Worried about your teen on social media? Here's how to helpby Latest News on September 24, 2021
Top tips for guiding your child in navigating the big, bad world of Instagram, TikTok and other online social platforms.
- Working out and not losing weight? You're burning fewer calories than you thinkby Latest News on September 24, 2021
The bad news is that our bodies tend to compensate for at least a quarter of the calories we expend during exercise, a new study has found.
- How much water do you actually need to drink a day?by Latest News on September 24, 2021
That 'eight glasses of water a day' thing is a myth. Here's how to know when you truly need to hydrate.
- What it’s like staying in a S$30,000 hotel suite, decorated by Gucciby Latest News on September 24, 2021
One writer experiences a night in the Savoy’s Royal Suite, one of London’s grandest and most expensive suites, famed for its sweeping views of the Thames, and recently given a makeover by Italian fashion house Gucci.
- Court docks Brazilian club three points for racial abuse by official
- Gymnast Aly Raisman opens up about sexual abuse in TV special
- Google CEO sought to keep Incognito mode issues out of spotlight, lawsuit alleges
- Commentary: Can anyone really fill Angela Merkel’s shoes?by Latest News on September 24, 2021
As a scientist with a doctorate in quantum physics the outgoing German chancellor was an evidence-based policymaker, says this observer
- Commentary: Things in Australia could have turned out differently with an aggressive vaccine strategyby Latest News on September 24, 2021
Violent protests by construction workers this week have shone a spotlight on Australia’s deeper problems and lack of focus on vaccination at the pandemic’s outset, says Mike Yeo.
- Commentary: A US-China clash is not unthinkableby Latest News on September 24, 2021
Lack of cold war-style checks between Washington and Beijing means there is scope for miscalculation, says the Financial Times’ Edward Luce.
- Meng Wanzhou: Huawei's 'princess' on the reboundby The Straits Times Asia News on September 24, 2021
September 25, 2021 5:58 AMDespite being dubbed the "Princess of Huawei", she is said to be respected among company rank and file as approachable and self-deprecating.
- Elon Musk says he and musician girlfriend Grimes are 'semi-separated'
- Australia's landmark foreign interference laws stem meddling but raise China's ireby The Straits Times Asia News on September 24, 2021
September 25, 2021 5:00 AMSYDNEY - In October 2020, residents of a quiet street in a leafy suburb in Melbourne were surprised to see police cars pulling up at an unassuming residence as officers launched an extensive raid.
- Huawei heir apparent prepares for life after three years of Canada court battle
- Sri Lanka to cease building coal-fired plants, aims to be net-zero emitter by 2050by The Straits Times Asia News on September 24, 2021
September 25, 2021 2:54 AMCOLOMBO (REUTERS) - Sri Lanka will cease building new coal-fired power plants and achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, President Gotabaya Rajapaksa said in an address to the United Nations International Energy Forum on Friday (Sept 24).
- R. Kelly's fate in jury's hands in sex trafficking trial
- Canadian extradition judge frees Huawei exec Meng Wanzhou
- Soccer - PSG boss Pochettino hopes Messi fit for Man City clash